2013年12月8日星期日

Librarians

Librarians

A librarian is a person who works professionally in a library. Usually, people consider a librarian’s work as book collections, or book shelving. The role of a librarian is gradually changing to meet social and technological needs. That means a modern librarian may need the ability to deal with information in many formats, including print or digital materials such as books, magazines, maps, manuscripts, photographs, other graphic material and newspapers, A/V recordings, databases, web searching, etc. A librarian may also need to provide other services, including computer provision and training, coordination of public programs, basic literacy education, assistive equipment for people with disabilities, and help with finding and using community resources to facilitate knowledge creation.

I love reading books, and always want to share with people. I think it’s an honor if people like my recommendations or feel it’s helpful. And I have been seeking my position in a library for a long time. Having a technical background, to be a technic librarian is a good choice for me. A reference librarian seems to be a challenge, but I would like to try in the future.

My group video in IST511: You need a graduate degree for that.

没有评论:

发表评论