2013年9月15日星期日

Facilitating



Thread 3 Facilitating

In this thread, Dave said, there are four means to facilitate: access, knowledge, environment and motivation. I think motivation could be difficult to facilitate, compared to the others. Motivation, which contents intrinsic and extrinsic, is related to personal characteristic. If people don’t want to make a conversation, I don’t think anything we do could facilitate knowledge creation.

I love the ending story very much! I never thought this kind of story could happen in real life. Actually, I love the idea of training people to manage themselves. In my IST 601 group, our topic was poverty. My group talked about the idea, and finally we came up with our project. It was named Learn & Launder. According to my partner, homeless do their own laundry for free at shelter or Charity does laundry for them. But limited number of laundry machines is available. So providing more free laundry services could greatly improve the lives of the impoverished, we assumed.

There are tons of ways to get free stuff all over the world and internet, but the impoverished do not have the access to them. Our project is to offer a detailed list of free resources all over Syracuse including free clothes, places to take showers, especially focuses on free laundry facilities. We use information technology to build a huge information system, the impoverished come in and sign up, wait for multiple hours for laundry. They can use our system for education, and also get access to exclusive job listings. Information updates daily by employers from companies cooperate with us.

They would be trained to work for this project. Places for the project are located in impoverished neighborhoods, so the access is provided. The system and instructors could be the source of knowledge creation, and the environment would be safe to them. I think the project seems to facilitate the impoverished by four means.

I found a face icon generator online, and made my own, it's cute ~
Here's the link:
http://www.icongenerators.net/oval.html

没有评论:

发表评论